Dublin, Nov. 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “NFTs and the Virtual Economy” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Non-fungible Tokens (NFTs) refer to unique and distinguishable digital assets stored on a distributed ledger/blockchain. Following the emergence of the bitcoin digital currency in early 2009, “colored coins” were coined by Yoni Assia in 2012; these were small parts of bitcoins that represented assets, primarily digital collectibles, and were the predecessor to NFTs.
In 2017, John Watkinson and Matt Hall created CryptoPunks, 24×24 pixel characters that exist on an Ethereum blockchain. Only 10,000 such characters with unique appearances were created, leading to tremendous buzz amongst a community of crypto users who treated ownership as a badge of honor.
This served as an inspiration for NFTs, which has now become a potentially lucrative technology, creating value for businesses across the globe.
Key Issues Addressed:
- What is an NFT? What are the defining characteristics of NFTs?
- How are NFTs differentiated from cryptocurrencies?
- What are some of the key market highlights for NFTs to date?
- What are the essential NFT growth drivers and restraints?
- What is the technology behind NFTs? What are the technologies that make up an NFT marketplace?
- What are the key criteria for choosing an NFT platform?
- What are the most popular blockchain platforms available today for NFTs?
- How is digital content distributed by NFTs stored?
- How has the market performed in the last 3 years? What are the key performance indicators?
- Which application areas are most impacted by NFTs? What are the emerging use cases?
- What are the primary growth opportunities in the NFTs for ecosystem stakeholders?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Strategic Imperatives
- Why is it Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative
- The Impact of the Top 3 Strategic Imperatives on the Non-fungible Token (NFT) Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine
2. Growth Opportunity Analysis
- Research Scope
3. Introduction to NFTs
- NFTs – An Overview
- Comparison between NFTs and Cryptocurrency
- Market Highlights
- Growth Drivers
- Growth Restraints
4. The NFT Tech Stack
- The Technology Behind NFTs
- NFT Marketplace Technology Stack
- Types of NFT Marketplaces
- Criteria for Choosing an NFT Platform
- Comparison Between PoW and PoS Consensus Mechanisms
- NFT Blockchain Platforms
- Storing Digital Assets
- Comparison of ERC Standards
5. The NFT Ecosystem
- NFT Performance Analysis, Calendar Year (CY) 2019-CY 2021
- NFT Applications: Ecosystem
- NFT Applications: Art
- NFT Applications: Collectibles
- NFT Applications: Gaming
- NFT Applications: Others
- Popular NFT Marketplaces: OpenSea
- Popular NFT Marketplaces: Rarible
- Popular NFT Marketplaces: Others
6. Growth Opportunity Universe
- Growth Opportunity 1: To Grow Beyond Digital Artworks
- Growth Opportunity 2: Sustainability of NFTs
- Growth Opportunity 3: New Business Models
- Growth Opportunity 4: Shaping Digital Communities
- Growth Opportunity 5: Smart NFTs are a New Frontier
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/oadro6
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood,Senior Press Manager [email protected] For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900