Grayscale Future of Finance UCITS ETF (ticker: GFOF) listed on select exchanges across Europe
Grayscale’s first European ETF accelerates its global strategic expansion
NEW YORK, May 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Grayscale Investments®, the world’s largest digital currency asset manager, today announced its first European ETF, Grayscale Future of Finance UCITS ETF (ticker: GFOF), will list on the London Stock Exchange (LSE), Borsa Italiana, and Deutsche Börse Xetra. GFOF UCITS ETF will also be passported for sale across Europe.
GFOF UCITS ETF tracks the investment performance of the Bloomberg Grayscale Future of Finance Index and seeks to offer investors exposure to companies at the intersection of finance, technology, and digital assets – companies that are building the digital economy – all through the familiar ETF wrapper. In February 2022, Grayscale listed an ETF in the United States that tracks the investment performance of the Bloomberg Grayscale Future of Finance Index.
The Bloomberg Grayscale Future of Finance Index comprises companies representing three “Future of Finance” pillars:
- Financial Foundations – asset managers, exchanges, brokerages, and wealth managers involved in the enablement of the digital economy
- Technology Solutions – organizations providing the technology to facilitate the digital economy through data and processing
- Digital Asset Infrastructure – includes companies directly involved in mining, energy management, and activities that power the digital asset ecosystem
“We announced our first ETF earlier this year in partnership with Bloomberg as part of the expansion of our business. With growing global demand from both institutional and individual investors for Grayscale products, we’re thrilled to be expanding our offering in Europe through the UCITS wrapper,” said Grayscale Investments CEO Michael Sonnenshein. “This product draws upon our historical strengths, while furthering our evolution as an asset manager that helps investors build portfolios that can stand the test of time. GFOF UCITS ETF is the natural next step in our global strategic journey.”
“At Grayscale, we have long believed that the digital economy will be a major driver for the development and growth of the global economy. Through GFOF UCITS ETF, European investors now have the opportunity to receive exposure to the companies that are pivotal to the evolution of the global financial system,” said David LaValle, Global Head of ETFs at Grayscale Investments. “We are incredibly proud to reach this international milestone as Grayscale remains at the forefront of digital currency investing.”
“In the past few years, we have seen an explosion of digital innovations and solutions disrupting the global financial sector, making it more accessible, transparent and inclusive,” said Hector McNeil, co-CEO and co-Founder of HANetf. “We are excited to work with a trusted partner like Grayscale to bring an ETF to the European market providing exposure to the digital economy.”
Product Information for Grayscale Future of Finance UCITS ETF
GFOF UCITS ETF was created in collaboration with HANetf, Europe’s first full services ‘white label’ UCITS ETF issuer.
Communications issued in the UK (ETFs and ETCs)
The content in this document is issued by HANetf Limited (“HANetf”) and approved by Privium Fund Management (UK) Limited (“Privium”). HANetf are an appointed representative of Privium, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.). HANetf is registered in England and Wales with registration number 10697042.
Communications issued in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) relating to ETFs
The content in this document is issued by HANetf Management Limited (“HML”) acting in its capacity as management company of HANetf ICAV. HML is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. HML is registered in Ireland with registration number 621172.
Communications issued in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) relating to ETCs
This communication has been prepared for professional investors, but the ETCs and ETFs set out in this communication (“Products”) may be available in some jurisdictions to any investors. Please check with your broker or intermediary that the relevant Product is available in your jurisdiction and suitable for your investment profile. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. The price of the Products may vary, and they do not offer a fixed income. This document may contain forward looking statements including statements regarding our belief or current expectations with regards to the performance of certain assets classes. Forward looking statements are subject to certain risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. There can be no assurance that such statements will be accurate and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Therefore, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. The content of this document is for information purposes and for your internal use only, and does not constitute an investment advice, recommendation, investment research or an offer for sale nor a solicitation of an offer to buy any Product or make any investment. An investment in an exchange traded product is dependent on the performance of the underlying asset class, less costs, but it is not expected to track that performance exactly. The Products involve numerous risks including among others, general market risks relating to underlying adverse price movements in an Index (for ETFs) or underlying asset class and currency, liquidity, operational, legal, and regulatory risks. In addition, in relation to Cryptocurrency ETCs, these are highly volatile digital assets and performance is unpredictable. The information contained on this document is not, and under no circumstances is to be construed as, an advertisement or any other step in furtherance of a public offering of securities in the United States or any province or territory thereof, where none of the Issuers (as defined below) or their Products are authorised or registered for distribution and where no prospectus of any of the Issuers has been filed with any securities commission or regulatory authority. No document or information on this document should be taken, transmitted, or distributed (directly or indirectly) into the United States. None of the Issuers, nor any securities issued by it, have been or will be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933 or the Investment Company Act of 1940 or qualified under any applicable state securities statutes.
1. HANetf ICAV, an open-ended Irish collective asset management vehicle issuing under the terms in the Prospectus and relevant Supplement for the ETF approved by the Central Bank of Ireland (“CBI”) (“ETF Prospectus”) is the issuer of the ETFs. Investors should read the current version of the ETF Prospectus before investing and should refer to the section of the ETF Prospectus entitled ‘Risk Factors’ for further details of risks associated with an investment in the ETFs. Any decision to invest should be based on the information contained in the ETF Prospectus.
2. HANetf ETC Securities plc, a public limited company incorporated in Ireland, issuing under the terms in the Base Prospectus approved by the Central Bank of Ireland and the final terms of the relevant series (“ETC Securities Documentation”) is the issuer of the precious metals ETCs. Investors should read the latest version of the ETC Securities Documentation before investing and should refer to the section of the Base Prospectus entitled ‘Risk Factors’ for further details of risks associated with an investment in the ETCs. Any decision to invest should be based on the information contained in the ETC Securities Documentation.
3. ETC Issuance GmbH, a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, issuing under the terms in the Prospectus approved by the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (“BaFin”) and the final terms (“Cryptocurrency Prospectus”) is the issuer of the ETCM ETCs. Investors should read the latest version of the Cryptocurrency Prospectus before investing and should refer to the section of the Cryptocurrency Prospectus entitled ‘Risk Factors’ for further details of risks associated with an investment in the ETCs contained in the Cryptocurrency Prospectus. Any decision to invest should be based on the information contained in the Cryptocurrency Prospectus.
The ETF Prospectus, ETC Securities Documentation, and Cryptocurrency Prospectus can all be downloaded from www.hanetf.com. The decision and amount to invest in any Product should take into consideration your specific circumstances after seeking independent investment, tax, and legal advice. We do not control and are not responsible for the content of third-party websites.
We believe the information in this document is based on reliable sources, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The views expressed are the views of HANetf at time of publication and may change. Neither Privium nor HANetf is liable for any losses relating to the accuracy, completeness or use of information in this communication, including any consequential loss.
About Grayscale Investments®
Grayscale enables investors to access the digital economy through a family of secure, regulated, and future-forward investment products. Founded in 2013, Grayscale has a proven track record and unrivaled expertise as the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Investors, advisors, and allocators turn to Grayscale’s private placements, public quotations, and ETFs for single asset, diversified, and thematic exposure. Grayscale products are distributed by Genesis Global Trading, Inc. (Member FINRA/SIPC, MSRB Registered). For more information, please follow @Grayscale or visit grayscale.com.
HANetf is an independent provider of UCITS ETFs, working with asset management companies to bring differentiated, modern, and innovative exposures to European ETF investors. Via our white-label ETF platform, HANetf provides a complete operational, regulatory, distribution and marketing solution for asset managers to launch and manage UCITS ETFs. www.hanetf.com
Grayscale: Jennifer Rosenthal | [email protected]
HANetf UK: Phil Anderson, PerceptionA | [email protected], +44 (0)7767 491 519
HANetf Italy: Elena Soffientini, Mymediarelation | [email protected] | +39 375 670 62 07
HANetf Germany: Caroline Chojnowski, Public Imaging | [email protected] | +49 (0)40-401 999 – 23